Think Out of the Box with Vitha.Us ... Customising and Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK808 Mini Android TV stick

2 posters

Go down

MK808 Mini Android TV stick Empty MK808 Mini Android TV stick

Post by vitha Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:19 pm

vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

MK808 Mini Android TV stick Empty Need more Input Johny 5

Post by splodgie Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 am

HI, Thanks for the ROM you have hacked, gust a couple of questions.
1...In this video, Is this running your Hacked ROM,
2... Do you know what power the MK808 is drawing from the PSU, the reason I ask this is that I may find 5v on my TV and tap into that instead of using a PSU plug.

3...Did you have to install drivers for your webcam when doing the ROM or did it just work with out any mods.

Me and a friend have sent for 2 MK808's with a RC11 & a RC12
so we can compare, they should turn up just before Crimbo.
( had a Ampe A10 single core 10.1" tablet and it was so biggie when using any internet browser, I got rid of it even after flashing the ROM a couple of times in a attenp to cure the problem)

Regards
Dave

splodgie

Back to top Go down

MK808 Mini Android TV stick Empty Re: MK808 Mini Android TV stick

Post by vitha Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 pm

it is running the 4.1.1 Custom Rom released 10/26/2012. The load is 5v usb standard. Make sure it can handle up to 2 amps thru your tv or it may power off under heavy loads. My cam I used is a creative live 720 with the mic built in. no drivers needed. Also it work to add the mic to your system for speak and search in google, or speak for typing. My Mk808 has the RockChip RK3066 Dual Core Cortex-A9 1.6GHz. The new Mk808 has a heat sink that allows it to run at full 1.6. I have kept mine on for a month straight with out reboot, and heavy usage and no problems so far
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by splodgie Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi, thanks for the info, will be flashing the ROM as soon as it turns up after a test to see that it works OK.
If it needs 2amp to work I will not find that much power spare on the TV's PSU thats for sure.
Will have to to see what PSU turns up with the Mk808, I think the one supplied is only rated at 1amp, will send them a email and ask.

Dave

splodgie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down