Think Out of the Box with Vitha.Us ... Customising and Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9

3 posters

Go down

Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Empty Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9

Post by vitha Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

This ROM is based on a backdoor beta firmware dated 8/18/13 and listed as Android 4.2.2 with SDK 2.0.

As is usual for these beta releases, there is only a 3G version available, but It's OK to flash to a wifi tablet. You might get just a little more battery consumption.
It is:

Rooted
Debloated
Init.d support added
Busybox commands added
2, 4, 6, or 8gb user app space
tun.ko added for VPN support
Download the Rom here
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Empty Re: Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9

Post by usagi Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Hey Vitha
Have you tested this rom? what are you impressions? Should I wait for the non beta version?

usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 pm

it seems to be stable, I have not ran in to any problems as of yet. I don't notice anything since the 1.7. I have had it on for about 7 hours now.
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by usagi Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am

I flash it a day ago and it really stable for now
thank you

usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by VisionLab Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 am

Hello, Can you say to me how to proced to charge this rom into my M9. Thank you

VisionLab

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 pm

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

If you browse to the ROM folder, you will see multiple parameter files. The default is 2gb (do nothing here if you want 2gb user app space). Otherwise, if you choose to run the 4,6, or 8gb files, just rename the parameter file "parameter2g" and rename the file of your choice "parameter".

Open the main folder and run the flash tool as administrator.

Make sure USB debugging is turned off.

Unmount and remove your external SD card.

Plug in your USB cable to your PC and to the tablet. I have found that you have better luck using the USB cable provided with your tablet. It has a longer connection on the micro USB end which is required to fit the tablet and make a good connection (don't loose this cable, because it may be the only cable that will work with your tablet).

If you have the driver already installed...after a few seconds, the flash tool will recognize your tablet as a "Mass Storage Device". Give it a few seconds and then click the "Reboot2Flash" button at the bottom of the Flash Tool window. You should get a confirmation box that it worked "Flash Mode Success", and the notification area will change to "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb"

Wait a few seconds and then click the "EraseIDB" button. It should count up to 16384. If it doesn't count all the way to 16384, you don't have a proper connection...so start over by rebooting to system. You will get a confirmation box that says Erasing IDB OK. Click OK.

Now, click "Flash ROM". The ROM tool will write the ROM to your tablet and then check the installation. Just let it run until you see the RileyROM badge screen.

Once you flash the ROM it will immediately boot into CWM Recovery. You get error messages at the bottom saying Invalid Command Arguement...etc...so just ignore that.

By swipeing the screen up and down, move through the CWM menu and select "wipe cache partition" and press the power button. Swipe down to confirm "Yes - Wipe Cache" and press the power button.

The main screen shows up again. Just press the power button and boot the system.

WHAT TO DO IF FLASHING GOES WRONG

Connect via USB to your PC
Start the Flash app on your PC
Press and hold the ESC button for 5 seconds
While holding the ESC button put a paperclip in the reset hole and press and hold it for 5 seconds.
While still holding the Esc button and the Reset button, press the power button and hold.
You will see the flash tool recognize your device in loader mode.
Release the ESC key
Release the Reset button
Keep holding the power button with your thumb (if you let go, it will go out of loader mode and you will have to start over).
Click Erase IDB, let it finish
Click Flash ROM, keep holding the power button until it is done flashing the ROM.
Disconnect from the PC and press the power button again until the device powers up.

OTHER NOTES

On first boot, let the Default Activity Wizard complete itself. Eventually it will show the desktop with the "Make yourself at home" notification. Press the OK button.

Now press the "App Dock" button at the top right corner press "OK", then press the Reboot app. Confirm Superuser Request to run as root and press "Reboot".

This will reboot back into system. At this point you can change the necessary settings and set up your Google Play Store account.

Before you go much further, you will need to go to Storage and mount the internal SD card. A message will pop up in the notification area that says "Damaged Memory"...just click on that notification and format your internal SD. This is a byproduct of running CWM Recovery which doesn't format the internal SD on first boot like the stock recovery does.

At this point, before you insert your external SD card, you can use your Reboot app to reboot to recovery and do a CWM backup. It is my experience that CWM might erase your external SD (it has happened to me several times) so I never have the external SD inserted while doing a back or a restore.

Before you attempt to do a CWM Restore, reboot the tablet back into system, then use the Reboot app again to reboot to recovery. Then attempt a restore.
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Empty FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

Post by VisionLab Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:48 pm

VisionLab wrote:Hello, Can you say to me how to proced to charge this rom into my M9. Thank you
Hello,
Thank you for your post.
I have one more problem, I can not get my computer to recognize the tablet, you'll give me some solution.
My best regards

VisionLab

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:06 pm

First I have to ask did you install the drivers manually? I get this question a lot and if you have windows 8 or windows with 64bit, the drivers will not go in easy. best way is to go to device manager have it open when you plug your tablet in. You then have to manually install drivers by pointing it to the driver for your PC. This is 99% of the problem. The other's are bad cables, the wrong type of cable and in the case of flashing not having power cord plugged with host usb cable.
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by VisionLab Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:11 pm

vitha wrote:First I have to ask did you install the drivers manually? I get this question a lot and if you have windows 8 or windows with 64bit, the drivers will not go in easy. best way is to go to device manager have it open when you plug your tablet in. You then have to manually install drivers by pointing it to the driver for your PC. This is 99% of the problem. The other's are bad cables, the wrong type of cable and in the case of flashing not having power cord plugged with host usb cable.
Hello,
I appreciate your answer.
I have a computer system with windows 7 Ultimate (86) and another computer system windows 7 Ultimate (64).
I followed your directions, but the system can not find any drive to connect.
I can see it in device manager, but not be correctly installed. Even I can not manually install because I have no drive.
The cables that I have, are the cables that came with the tablet.
Thank you

VisionLab

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:33 am

you looking to flash Rom or looking to connect for data transfer? If your looking to flash follow this

Transferring data make sure in right mini usb port, also make sure to click on transfer for tablet
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by VisionLab Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:47 pm

vitha wrote:you looking to flash Rom or looking to connect for data transfer? If your looking to flash follow this

Transferring data make sure in right mini usb port, also make sure to click on transfer for tablet
Hello
Thank you very much. Now I am rooting the tablet.
You are very patient and kind. Very Happy 

VisionLab

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 pm

No worries..... Very Happy 
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by usagi Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:00 am

This is an excellent rom