PIPO M9 Max Kit Kat 4.4 stable

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIPO M9 Max Kit Kat 4.4 stable

Post by tivac on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:30 pm

thank you so much now ok. when i look in first folder there is a 8 mb seperate kernel but new one is around 4,5 mb

tivac

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 pm

internal they are much the same. some different tweaks you should not see much difference in way run. The 8mb works for wifi and 3g and one I linked to will only be good for wifi
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by julz24 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:37 pm

hi, thank you for the ROM, works fine and nice to have KK on M9 before Pipo...they should hire you !!!

Is theyre a way to remove user eigentumer from the tablet ? or change the name ?

thanks again fore the good job !

julz24

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:01 pm

the easiest way is to use titanium backup to freeze and remove it.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by VinTz1 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello everybody, I have just known this rom exists and I am willing to try it.

By the way, if you need a betatester, I step forward.

Thanks

VinTz1

Back to top Go down

Post by julz24 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:54 pm

vitha wrote:the easiest way is to use titanium backup to freeze and remove it.

thank you, i was able to changethe name, fine for me. Rom works great, only few apps in play store that shows up as not compatible.

thanks again

julz24

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:38 pm

glad to hear
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by mryoda 2014 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Hey all
First post so hi to one and all Smile

Thanks for the dedication to bringing KK to the M9 Max
The video seems to work if you can force software decoding
I use the Archos Player and this has that option, your mileage may vary though
Some films stagger a bit

Youtube and Netflix play flawlessly.

Thanks again :-)

mryoda 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:02 pm

MX player works well too
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by joshsyn on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 pm

I successfully patched my PiPo M9 Max. However I had a couple of issues at the beginning. I was unable to connect to the device using RKAndroidTool in Windows 8. In that case, I just used a Windows XP in virtualBox environment using USB passthrough in archlinux to upgrade it.

The touch screen was not working and the brightness was inverted ("The higher the value, the lesser brightness literally). This was fixed by just changing the kernel from Rockchip's one in the archive. I guess it was a driver module issue.

Most of the google apps were not working at all. So I simply downloaded the GApps zip from cyanogenmod from 10.1 version and installed from Clockwork mod recovery and Cleared the cache, it was working fine then.

By default the settings in the ROM reads device as Nexus 7, so you'd just have to change the build.prop.

Rest, I am happy with it.

I would like to propose to update the current ROM and tutorial so that its more clear and concise and to get the latest benefits.

On the side note,

Do you know if rockchip has an official kernel source repository. I found a couple but I am not sure they are fan made or official.

https://github.com/thesawolf/android_kernel_rockchip_rk3188
https://github.com/vmkogeretla/RK3188
https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188

This one does not seem to have a repository rather a archived version
http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/developer-tools

Hopefully, we can get the kernel for this device and stripped all the unnecessary bloatware and provide an up to date ROM for it

joshsyn

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 am

well the rockchip covers a lot however does not always match the wifi, Bluetooth, gps, and other chip sets. That is why a kernel for every device is some what different. also the touch interface is different on almost every device as well, unless cloned.
I had no issue with google apps my self, however that is fine. On the next update I will do some modifications for tutorial and benefits.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by joshsyn on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:01 am

Hmm, it seems strange to hear that touch interface is different on every PiPO M9 max devices. Is it a version difference?

I thought they would use System On a Chip, RK3188 which has everything integrated, wifi, processor, camera, bluetooth, etc on to single die, and the kernel driver modules would be the same.

I will post the full specifications of my device and compare it with yours later today, if that's OK with you?

Update:

Here's my spec using System Info Droid.

The application has a feature to send all the specs to an email.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sysinfodroid

http://pastebin.com/P776pbM0

I think that kernel are using the fallback driver from AOSP, as it does not give names to the drivers. Also are you totally sure, all the device drivers rest in kernel partition or kernel.img?

I might have to compile the sources from rockchip firmware website and see.

If I just update the kernel.img will it have any effects on my applications and settings? I hope it to stay as it is!

Regards,
Josh

joshsyn

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:31 am

if you change kernel it can effect how apps act. However apps are not as effected, as the OS it's self. Your right where most things are integrated. Camera is not! Bluetooth and wifi are different between versions. compare a PIPO m9 to mk909, they use same mali, and cpu, however have different Bluetooth and wifi. Camera does not exist on the mk909 and the mk909 uses slower nan with slower memory. If the case was that everything was so close, most rk3188 roms would work on each other with no problems. Software is much more complex then that when working on the arm plat form.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by willem on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:57 pm

This rom looks great. Gonna flash it on my pipo in an hour or so Smile
Thanks for making it available!

willem

Back to top Go down

Post by willem on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 pm

How can i go up or down in the CWM Menu?

willem

Back to top Go down

Post by mryoda 2014 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:03 pm

its touch
but it's a long drag to get it too move Smile

mryoda 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 am

Hi vitha, just installed your kitkat rom and apart from one or two small problems it works great. The first problem i have is the overclock kernel and the 1.4 kernel that comes with the riley rom does not work, the touch screen is in reverse, however with the other kernel works very well. Can you please make an overclocked version of this kernel with 1.8 cpu, 660 gpu and 720 ram and post it in this forum. Another question i have is regarding the nand flash. I dont Seem to be able to transfer app data either to the nand memory or the external sd card. Is there any way to do it in this rom? Thanks for your hard work.

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 am

what are you using to transfer the data, titanium backup or manual?
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:46 am

What i mean is that after instaling a app i cant move it to the sd card or the flash nand internal memory, because of that i can only install a limited number of games. Can you make a version of your rom that is not partitioned and that allows for users to move the apps to the external sd.

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:25 am

Prior to Android 4.4 KitKat, applications — provided they had permission to access the SD card — could read and write to any area on removable storage, including the system folders like DCIM, Alarms, etc. That has all changed, and now third-party applications — as in ones you download from Google Play or elsewhere — can only write to files and folders that they have created or have taken ownership of.
no longer has write access to every file and folder on the SD card. Yes, previously any application that declared permission to read and write to the SD card was allowed to write files to any folder — including your system folders, and any folder something like a banking app might have made. Any type of file, too. That includes files that could be read when another app starts up and affect the settings or way that app works.
One of the reasons things have to change so drastically on the security-front is because of Unix-style user and group permissions, and the file system of your SD card. You expect an SD card to just work when you plug it into a computer. Any computer. Because something like 96 percent of all the computers out there that aren’t some sort of server run Microsoft Windows, you need to make sure your SD card will work with them.
FAT-based file systems — that's what your SD card is formatted to — are universal on Windows, Apple OSX and (most) Linux machines. Makes sense. What good is a portable drive that can't be read, right? But there's a catch. FAT-based systems don't support file and folder permissions. If I'm an app, I can't say “This is my folder. I will allow you to look inside, but you are not to put anything new in there or change any of my stuff!” on this sort of file system. It’s an all-or-nothing mess, and one that even Microsoft has moved away from in its newer versions of Windows. But FAT still needs to be used, because anything else will require a lot of finagling for people using legacy versions of Windows, and that is a large number of people.
Note that this has nothing to do with accessing your tablet storage — internal or external — via a cable attached to your computer. That uses a completely different protocol and method, that has nothing to do with the actual file system of a removable piece of media.
If SD cards were set up with the same file system as the rest of the partitions inside your Android (EXT, for those of you keeping track at home), none of this would matter. Third-party apps could be given permission to individual folders, other folders could be marked “hands-off,” and everyone would be happy. But they are not!
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:30 am

I am sorry for the long message however, much has changed with KITKAT. also remember they are trying to move to cloud based everything. So that you don't have anything physical. It is something many users are very pissed off about...
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:35 am

So what do we do?
Any apps installed to the SD card will lose their data when you update and need re-installed. There is a work around in the process, that many custom roms have in. I and one other are working to integrated this in to the rom, however have not had and good luck as of yet, so it is in working progress...
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks for your answer, it was long but clarifying. If that is the problem, can you just create a rom without any internal storage, this way you could use all of the space in your tablet for apps, and if we needem space for other things we could use a memory card. Another thing i mentioned is the kernel. my tablet is the m9 max 3g and i would supose the only problem with using the ockernel would be losing the 3g data, however this works, what doesnt work properly is the touch screen, it appears to work backwards, if i move right it goes left and the other way around. if you could patch the normal Kernel (1.6ghz) to the definitions i´ve requested earlier i believe it would work on the latest m9 tablets, because my tablet was bought in january and is probably a recent version. If you can´t do it i understand it.

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

One thing i forgot to mention ragarding the touch screen issue is that when i flash the ockernel when it boots it shows android 4.1.1 and when i use the normal kernel it shows android 4.2.2. Does it have anithing to do with it?

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm

has nothing to do with it. I was going to change it, however not had the time to change that. Did you flash the screen fix for PIPO M9 Max? the wifi and 3g should work on all new roms, because everything is built in togeather

this one was designed by of friend of mine for PIPO M9 Max 3g kernel

Last edited by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top