View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIPO M9 Max Kit Kat 4.4 stable

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42 pm

if you want 14 GB partition use this one
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:10 pm

vitha wrote:has nothing to do with it. I was going to change it, however not had the time to change that. Did you flash the screen fix for PIPO M9 Max? the wifi and 3g should work on all new roms, because everything is built in togeather

this one was designed by of friend of mine for  PIPO M9 Max 3g kernel

I used the screen fix and it didin´t worked for me. As for this new kernel i will try it tonight with the 14gb partition rom you posted here and reply back what hapened. Hope this overclocked kernel works for me Very Happy 
Thanks for your help, you rock!

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi again, I have already tried to install the new kernel and it shows the same problem as before. when in portrait mode the touch buttons in the bottom are only acessed at the top of the screen, and it shows the same problem when in landscape mode. For the rest of the rom, so far i haven't tried everything yet, howhever the video can be fixed with mxplayer codecs and all works in hardware mode after it, another thing i have noticed was the camera only opened after trying a few times and after that the image in the screen was a bit to the left and up, leaving a black band on the right and lower part of the screen, i dont know if that has something to do with the rom or is simply a bad app. Finally i can say the system is extremely fluid way better than stock rom that was a bit laggy on my tablet and most of the apps i used were compatible with kitkat.

Thanks again for your great work.

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 pm

yea building from scratch lots of bugs still need worked out. If I could get PIPO to give the line coding I could fix most issues very easy, however this rom is built off of the older kernel rom that has been tweaked big time. My tablet that is V3 I have not had any touch issues. I need to find out what is the difference between between v3 and V5 tablets.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by matosribeiro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi, i apreciate your hard work in this rom and kernel and i think pipo may release the code when they stop working on these tablets firmware, if they released it earlier we would defenitly see that they don't do a lot of software development. Maybe soon they will do it. As for the diferences betwen the diferent versions if i can somehow help you, I will. Is there a software that correctly identifies the diferences between the hardware?

matosribeiro

Back to top Go down

Post by williamh120 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:09 am

How do I tell what hardware version my Pipo Max M9 is? I purchased it new in June 2013.

williamh120

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:17 am

V3 in June 2013
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by mxr576 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi, I've just installed this new 4.4 Rom. I've found a bug, when I want to use my modem with PiPo: the mobile data application always shutdown, I couldn't connect to the internet with this way. Is there any solution for this problem?

mxr576

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Are you using the internal 3g or a dongle? what application is it that your using? Is the application compatible with kit kat? Just a little info before I can go to next step. My 3g Pipo connects just fine. I have not had any testing with a dongle.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by mxr576 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:23 am

I've a Vodafone (ZTE) K-3772-Z modem and I used to use it with OTG cabel. It was working fine with any previous (custom/stock) ROMs so maybe it is a kitkat problem. Am I the only one who has this problem? Is there anybody who using external modem with M9?

I also would like to ask that what should I use the "USB Host controller" application? Why this is preinstalled? I think maybe this is what causing my problem, because if I see well, this application (or the new rom?!) trying to mount my modem as an external storage, and sending me alerts because it is always fails when the modem connecting. "The external sdcard is unmounted" (or something like this...). I haven't seen this on previous 4.2-4.1, etc ROMs.

mxr576

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:39 am

yes you are corrected about mounting it under 4.4. kitkat has changed a lot. I will look in to the drivers conversion and see if it has changed. Many little problems pop up like this with the kit kat. I also would like to know if anyone has working modem dongle on 4.4. I put the drivers there however till now no one has gave info either way on dongle. The application is added with the kit kat version because of standards for google. you could always remove it and try install is with older version then kit kat and see. With out a dongle I can not do a whole lot.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by coolxr on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 am

when i restart the pipo its tells me "com.android.systemui stopped"
what should i do?
thanks !

coolxr

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:40 am

well sounds like it froze. you can just hold power button down till it shuts off if it stops all the way together. I have yet to see that error. You may want to try using another launcher like nova.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrado on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Rom is compatible with PipoM9?

ferrado

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm

This rom is for the PIPO M9 Max. Not for the PIPO M9 Pro!
So if you have the older PIPO M9 not the Pro it will work for yea.....
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by perdification on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:41 am

Hey guys,

I've tried flashing the rom, but when I get into the CWM recovery, swiping the touchscreen doesn't work. I have tried both long swipe and short swiping on the screen. pressing the power button is the only thing I can do, the ESC button does nothing. I press the power button once and it takes me to the fix root permissions page, and pressing it again, the tablet reboots, and I can't flash anything.

My device has a GOODIX touchscreen, which is different from most other devices. It was purchased Nov 2013...

perdification

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:51 am

you will have to use the kernel with the last good 4.2 that worked on your system. you can always hook up a keyboard to your usb and see if that works. The 30/11 kasty build has kernel driver that will work for sure.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by perdification on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:31 pm

vitha wrote:you will have to use the kernel with the last good 4.2 that worked on your system. you can always hook up a keyboard to your usb and see if that works. The 30/11 kasty build has kernel driver that will work for sure.

Thanks! It works great now! By any chance, can I use the OC kernel?

perdification

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:15 pm

You can try! however I am not going to give you the 100% on it working for the GOODIX. You can always flash only the kernel and see if it work. if it does not then flash the kernel that is working for you. That way it does not rewrite the whole install. Again use the RKAndroidTool.exe to flash not the CWM....
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by perdification on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Alright! Thanks for the suggestion. I've flashed dnkn kernels in the past and they always freeze my touchscreen. I'll try it with the ones you gave.

perdification

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 pm

remember try a good tool for cpu tool for adjusting the right stuff. Some cpu don't like 1.8 but run great lower like 1.7 or 1.6.
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by migfig on Fri May 02, 2014 3:09 pm

vitha wrote:remember try a good tool for cpu tool for adjusting the right stuff. Some cpu don't like 1.8 but run great lower like 1.7 or 1.6.

I believe mine dont like 1.8 because i can t run Antutu, when i tried my pipo always make a reboot, cam u please tell me in your opinion a good cpu tool to try to run it with 1.7 ?  ok  i changed to 1.6 and antutu runs only gave me 18k any kernel to help?

The rom it self runs very well.
Thanks in advance Smile

migfig

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Fri May 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Best way is to weak your own rom and get what you cpu and gpu will handle. Not all are created equal. This kitkat will not be quite as fast as the 4.2 for a few things. The antutu score is not reading correct first of all, and second with kitkat running the older kernel you will not get the gpu where it would be under a real kitkat kernel. The CPU its self can run as fast as the older. just need to play with the settings in the tool. Best trick to do is get a kernel that works well, then get the tool to edit it. This is not the newest kitkat out. there is Kit Kat 2
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by migfig on Fri May 02, 2014 7:16 pm

vitha wrote:Best way is to weak your own rom and get what you cpu and gpu will handle. Not all are created equal. This kitkat will not be quite as fast as the 4.2 for a few things. The antutu score is not reading correct first of all, and second with kitkat running the older kernel you will not get the gpu where it would be under a real kitkat kernel. The CPU its self can run as fast as the older. just need to play with the settings in the tool. Best trick to do is get a kernel that works well, then get the tool to edit it. This is not the newest kitkat out. there is Kit Kat 2

Thanks for your help, don t ask me why but i didn t found the kitkat2 before, can i just flash one of the kernel who are in the v2.2 or u need to reflash all the rom?

migfig

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha on Sat May 03, 2014 12:24 am

well you can flash either way, but the rom of kitkat2 has script updates
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next