Think Out of the Box with Vitha.Us ... Customising and Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snap shot of 4.3 Port

2 posters

Go down

Snap shot of 4.3 Port Empty Snap shot of 4.3 Port

Post by vitha Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I hope by Dec I will be able to release this port 4.3 to Max M9.
I am working on the kernel and a few bugs.
Snap shot of 4.3 Port Screenshot_2013-11-04-19-51-48
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Snap shot of 4.3 Port Empty Re: Snap shot of 4.3 Port

Post by spectra9 Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 am

Looking forward to this with great anticipation Very Happy.

Can you tell if it's running better than 4.2 in terms of performance, feature, etc?

Thanks

spectra9

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:57 am

right now I can say performance is good, not great. Kernel issue keep it from running great. it is less then 4.2 right now. graphics is the main issue right now with the kernel. Desktop is more smooth and responsive then the 4.2. The optimizing of the 4.3 makes apps run smoother and the boot up is 11.8 sec's. I have not been able to devote as much time as I want to the kernel, as I want. I have one buddy that will give some time after the thanksgiving holiday, he works for Motorola and willing to share his knowledge on the 4.3 kernel infrastructure.

Forgot to add hdmi is not working on it either. I have to write that from scratch...
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by spectra9 Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks for the update. Looks like some positive and negative points there, which is to be expected I suppose. Nevertheless, I'm really glad some developments are being made in this area, I don't think Pipo has plan to release a 4.3 ROM for the M9 Max, so it's up to the dev such as yourself now to carry it forward. Thanks for your hard work in this and looking forward to more updates in the future.

spectra9

Back to top Go down

Post by vitha Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:09 am

yes I don't think PIPO will release a 4.3 for the Max M9. They maybe in 2014 do for Pro, which will be not to hard to port over. However the PIPO development team has some bad programming skills. When making a rooted rom off there roms there are many things that need corrected that is standard for android. I think this will be my last PIPO device. I will stick with the Nexus or Asus. The add on TF/micro Sd for Nexus 7 G2 is not that hard to do. I already soldered it in to place and it reads up to 64gb card. Also that fact it has 4.4 now is great too.
vitha
vitha

Back to top Go down

Post by spectra9 Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Well that's too bad, since very few devs are working with this device already, but I can understand your frustration. Pipo is not really at the same level as Asus, with many users and developers backing them up. Comparing to other Chinese tablet makers, I guess Pipo is doing a pretty good job. Actually I'm surprised they even bothered to release the multiwindow version for the M9. I guess it's kinda an "art" to work with this less popular device and turning it into a gem

spectra9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum